What are the Benefits of PRP (Platelet-Rich Plasma) Therapy?
Platelet-rich plasma (PRP) is a material that, when injected, enhances your body’s own healing properties.
Plasma is a component of your blood that contains unique “growth factors” or proteins that aid in the clotting of your blood. It also has proteins that promote cell development. Researchers created PRP by extracting and concentrating plasma from blood.
Injecting PRP into injured tissues is encourages your body’s production of new, healthy cells, and promote healing. Researchers believe that because the tissue development components in the prepared growth injections are more concentrated, the body’s tissues can heal faster.
How do you prepare for PRP injections?
There are a few steps to getting ready for PRP injections. These processes are dependent on how you received your PRP.
PRP can be administered in a variety of methods. Before an injection, for example, a topical numbing lidocaine solution may be placed to your scalp. If this is the case, you may need to arrive early for a therapy session.
Your technician may inject or apply PRP using a micro needling device. In this case, preparing for PRP injections would entail adhering to your technician’s advice prior to the procedure.
PRP injection procedure
Here’s what to expect from a typical PRP injection process:
• A blood sample will be drawn by a healthcare practitioner. The amount of sample required is determined by where the PRP will be administered. For example, in one trial, 20 milliliters of blood were drawn for injection into the scalp. This is about the size of a teaspoon.
• The blood is then placed into a centrifuge which spins the blood very quickly. This causes the blood components to separate. The separation process takes approximately 10-15 minutes.
• The practitioner then takes the separated plasma from the centrifuge and prepares it for injection into the affected area.
• A technician may employ imaging, such as ultrasound, to determine specific injection sites, such as the tendon. The PRP will then be injected into the afflicted area with precision by the technician.
WHO HAS BENEFITED FROM PRP THERAPY?
Many notable athletes, including golfer Tiger Woods and tennis player Rafael Nadal, have used PRP to treat a variety of ailments, including injured knees and chronic tendon issues.
Medications, physical therapy, and even surgery have usually been used to treat these disorders. PRP has been praised by certain athletes for allowing them to return to competition more rapidly.
Will You feel immediate results from PRP therapy?
In the days following the injection, you will notice a significant rise in pain. The intensity of pain decreases with each passing day as functional mobility and general functional abilities, as well as an improvement in endurance and strength. After 2 to 6 weeks following PRP therapy, you will observe a steady improvement. Some patients report continued improvement 6 to 9 months after receiving PRP therapy. Ultrasound and MRI pictures have showed definite tissue repair after PRP therapy in some investigations, proving the healing process. Surgical intervention can be avoided by treating wounded tissues before the harm worsens.
PRP FOR INJURIES: Which injuries are typically treated with PRP therapy?
PRP therapy is precisely the treatment required to shorten the athlete’s downtime while also lowering the danger of re-injury or the possibility of a more serious injury that will necessitate surgical intervention or permanent impairment.
• Osteoarthritis, such as patients with degenerative knee disease.
• Patients suffering from spinal disc or joint disease.
• Torn ligaments or ligament sprains acquired from sports, occupational or other injuries.
• Patients with tendonitis such as Achilles tendonitis.
• Common hand injuries such as carpal tunnel syndrome, skier’s thumb and texting thumb.
• Shoulder problems such as partial rotator cuff tear, labral tears, and osteoarthritis.
• Elbow conditions such as golfer’s or tennis elbow.
• Arthritis of the Knee: More and more research is demonstrating the efficacy of low-leukocyte PRP in the treatment of low- to moderate-grade knee osteoarthritis. According to some research, these effects can endure for up to two years.
• Tendon Injuries That Are Chronic: According to current research, PRP is beneficial in the treatment of chronic tendon injuries, particularly tennis elbow, a frequent injury of the tendons on the outside of the elbow. The use of PRP for other chronic tendon ailments, such as chronic Achilles tendinitis or patellar tendon inflammation (jumper’s knee), seems promising.
COSMETIC PROCEDURES WITH PRP
•Hair Loss: PRP has been injected into the scalp by doctors to encourage hair growth and prevent hair loss. PRP injections, according to 2014 research, have been successful in treating androgenic alopecia, popularly known as male pattern baldness.
•Skin Rejuvenation: PRP has become one of the sought-after cosmetic procedures in aesthetic medicine. Reversing the sign of aging and getting regenerative effects is possible using platelets and growth factors from your own blood.
PRP for Skin Rejuvenation works to:
• Improve dull skin tone
• Reduce wrinkles
• Improve skin texture
• Increase collagen production
• Enhance skin elasticity, tone and thickness
•Scarring: PRP has been found effective in helping patients with different types of scarring left behind due to acne breakouts. PRP or platelet-rich serum, when injected into the scar tissue, stimulates collagen and elastin production in the underlying layers of the skin. Over time, the depressions of the scars begin to even out, leaving a smoother, plumper, more youthful appearance.
SEXUAL AROUSAL & FUNCTIONING WITH PRP
Two popular treatments used to improve sexual functioning in men and sexual arousal in women are called the P-Shot® and the O-Shot®.
The P-Shot® / Priapus-shot® is a trademarked procedure that increases sexual functioning in men via injection of PRP into the penis. To rejuvenate the penis, PRP uses growth factors in the blood to stimulate new tissue growth.
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS OF THE P-SHOT®?
As healthy tissue returns to the penis, the patient can experience many benefits, including:
• Increases libido
• Enhances sensitivity to the penis
• Increases sexual stamina
• Increases strength and intensity of orgasms
• Achieve stronger and firmer erections
• Helps with Erectile Dysfunction
• Improve overall blood flow to the penis
• Increase the girth and length of your penis by up to 10-20%
• Reduce urinary incontinence and prostate discomfort
• Fewer chances of premature ejaculation
• Helps with post prostate surgery
• Helps correct Peyronie’s disease (curvature of the penis)
• Medical solution for lichen sclerosis (plaque build-up)
WHAT IS THE O-SHOT OR ORGASM SHOT?
The O-Shot®, or Orgasm Shot® is an innovative and trademarked non-surgical procedure to enhance a women’s pleasure and sexual response. The O-Shot® helps women climax quicker and more intensely during sexual intercourse. The procedure works to rejuvenate the vaginal tissues with PRP. PRP injection is based on a concentration of a person’s own platelets from blood cells to accelerate healing in a specific area. For the O-shot®, the PRP is painlessly injected into the clitoral and vaginal areas.
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS OF THE O-SHOT®?
Although each woman’s experience can be different, here’s a list of benefits that patients have experienced after having the O-Shot® and rejuvenating the Orgasm System.
• Non-surgical, minimally invasive with exceptional safety and efficacy
• Stimulates your body’s natural growth factors and stem cells via PRP
• Increases arousal from clitoral stimulation
• Promotes vaginal and clitoral rejuvenation
• Increases natural lubrication
• Improved vaginal tightness
• Increases ability to achieve vaginal orgasms
• Increases frequency and intensity of orgasms
• Simple, quick, and painless
• Younger, smoother appearance of the vulva
• Possible improvement in urinary incontinence
• Possible improvement or alleviation of painful intercourse
BENEFITS OF PRP INCLUDE:
PRP treatment has many advantages over other more invasive treatment approaches. Because PRP is produced from the patient’s body, individuals often respond well to treatments and are less likely to develop complications from donor tissues or other drug/medications.
• Speeds up the natural healing process
• No downtime
• Safe procedure
• Promotes healing by utilizing your body’s natural development channels.
• Procedure developed from patient own blood so no foreign substance in the procedure.
For PRP for hair loss please visit: https://hairlossclinic.ca/prp-for-hair-loss/.
For PRP for skin rejuvenation, please visit: https://skinrejuvenation.ca/prp-for-skin-rejuvenation/
For PRP for the O-Shot, please visit: https://o-shot.ca
For PRP for the P-Shot, please visit: https://p-shot.ca